Plump lips with definition are highly sought after. Fillers are a great way to achieve beautiful lips if these few rules are followed:
1. Cupid’s Bow. A well-defined cupids bow of the upper lip is not only pleasing to the eye but it provides definition, keeps lipstick from running and can correct asymmetry should it exist.
2. Fullness in the middle. To achieve that plumped appearance and ever desired pout, adding fullness to the center of the lip with the volume tapering off towards the sides gives a beautiful appearance that is not over done.
3. Symmetry. If you draw an imaginary line from the center of the cupids bow straight down to the bottom of the lower lip, each side should look the same.
4. Side profile. When viewing your lips from the side, the top lip should project slightly beyond the lower lip.
5. Lip-to-eye ratio. For purposes of symmetry, if you drew an imaginary line from the corner of the mouth upward, it should intersect in the middle of the pupil.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers such as Juvederm®, Restylane® or Belotero® can easily improve the appearance of your lips – giving shape, adding volume and providing structure. By using the above guidelines, you will have beautiful, natural looking lips.